Making Top Motion pictures In Malta
Filming in Malta began within the 1970s. One of the earliest movies filmed in Malta is “Orca: Killer Whale.” The 1977 movie starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The movie introduced attention to the plight of the killer whale and launched film viewers to the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and parts of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The Robin Williams movie was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village still stands immediately. Although it isn’t being used to film films, it nonetheless serves the island well as a tourist attraction. Stone Island Jackets The village is open to vacationers seven days stone island size small per week and gives a variety of family actions.
A Previous Engagement
The most recent film to be filmed completely on the island of Malta was “A Previous Engagement” starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-production was released within the U.S. in May 2008. Along with the movie’s opening, a contest has been organized. One winner will receive an all-bills-paid vacation to Malta and keep in the Xara Palace in Mdina where the film was filmed.
Different films which have been filmed in Malta embody:
* “Midnight Categorical.” Some scenes were filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* “Raise the Titanic” in 1980.
* “Cutthroat Island.” The popular Geena Davis and Matthew Modine film was shot primarily near Vittoriosa. Some scenes have been filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks were provided by the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “White Squall.” The violent storm experienced on this movie was filmed on the Mediterranean Film Studios in 1996.
* “U-571.” The star-studded forged included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Invoice Paxton. The tanks used within the movie are the property of the Mediterranean Film Studios. One night-time scene was filmed in the city of Valletta on the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* “The Count of Monte Cristo.” In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa had been temporarily transformed into Marseille for the filming of this film. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks near Fort St. Elmo. St Mary’s Tower on Comino served because the Chateau d’If.
* “Pinocchio.” The 2002 production of Pinocchio included scenes filmed within the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “Swept Away.” The 2002 creation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie was filmed on both Comino and Malta. Madonna’s snorkeling scene was filmed at the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* “Helen of Troy.” The 2003 mini series was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino on the Blue Lagoon.
* “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes had been filmed on the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “Troy.” The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Parts had been filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie’s producers used Malta’s natural beauty and ruins to enhance the authenticity of the movie.
* “A Totally different Loyalty.” Starring Sharon Stone, this film was filmed in 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which supplies a visible representation of the city of Beirut. Components of the movie were filmed on the Golden Sands Seaside.
* “Alexander.” In 2004, Valletta’s Grand Harbor doubled for the historical port metropolis of Alexandria. The movie starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* “Gladiator.” The Russell Crowe film was shot at a replica constructed at Fort Ricasoli with a night time time scene being filmed simply exterior Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
For further information about Malta, together with airways who have flight to Malta offers visit yourmalta.com
They also have a map of Malta plus acommodation with opinions for resorts in Malta