If you Equate Cash With Energy
The following are quotes from the Monkey Island sequence of journey games by LucasArts.
1 Working gags
2 The key of Monkey Island
3 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
four The Curse of Monkey Island
5 Escape from Monkey Island
6 Tales of Monkey Island 6.1 Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
6.2 The Siege of Spinner Cay
6.Three The Lair of the Leviathan
6.4 The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
6.5 the Rise of the pirate God
– “I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty .” – Introduction of the primary character, Guybrush Threepwood. Most frequently identifies himself as a mighty pirate.
Insult: “You battle like a dairy farmer.” Comeback: “How applicable. You battle like a cow.”
– Sword battle insult, written by Orson Scott Card.
– “Look behind you, a three-Headed Monkey!” Used by many characters (particularly Guybrush) to distract someone lengthy enough to flee. In the primary sport, a three-headed monkey actually appeared behind stated characters, however they did not notice
– “I’m selling these tremendous leather jackets.” – Guybrush (a recurring phrase in nearly every LucasArts adventure sport since first spoken by Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
– “That’s the second largest I’ve ever seen!” – Guybrush, when seeing one thing huge (generally mentioned in Get Good)
– “I must have left it in my different pants.” – Guybrush, when asked about an merchandise he doesn’t have.
The secret of Monkey Island
– “I wanna be a pirate!” – oft-repeated and unexplained aspiration of the protagonist, Guybrush Threepwood
– “So you need to be a pirate, eh You look extra like a flooring inspector.” – Blind Lookout to Guybrush Threepwood
– “Please Pretty please Please pretty please with sugar on high ” – Guybrush Threepwood, when wanting something badly.
– “That’s the second largest monkey head I’ve ever seen!” – Guybrush, about the enormous stone monkey head on Monkey Island
– “Ah, there’s nothing like the new winds of Hell blowing in your face.” – Le Chuck, on his ghost ship in a river of lava
– “I can’t help but feel I’ve been ripped off. [Towards the fourth wall.] I’m certain you are feeling something related.” – Guybrush Threepwood to Sword Instructor
– “Swordfighting is a little like making love. It’s not always what you do, but what you say.” – Sword Instructor to Guybrush Threepwood
– “Is that a banana in your pocket or are you simply comfortable to see us ” – The Cannibals to Guybrush
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
– “I’m a mighty pirate!” – oft-repeated phrase of the protagonist, Guybrush Threepwood
– “I can’t make the one factor this island might actually use… a voodoo doll of Largo LaGrande!” – mentioned by several citizens of Scabb Island concerning the local bully, shortly before Guybrush commissions a voodoo doll of Largo LaGrande
– “I’m sensing a disturbance in the Force…as if a tiny voice just referred to as out…and hastily scratched a message in a desk.” – The Voodoo Lady, when Wally is kidnapped
Paraphrasing Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV: A new Hope
The Curse of Monkey Island
– “I can’t, I’m washing my hair tonight” – Elaine Marley, reply to LeChuck asking her to be his undead spouse
– “I’m not bald! I just have a very high widow’s peak.” – Murray, the demonic speaking skull
– “Mine is the identify pirates fear the most: Edward “Snugglecakes” Van Helgen!” – Edward Van Helgen
– “It looks like a ship’s skipper, first mate, a professor, and the rest.” – Guybrush, when taking a look at a pile of skulls, in reference to Gilligan’s Island
– “I think I broke my skull. I’m *all* skull.” – Murray the demonic speaking skull, having fallen from an incredible peak
– “Join me, Rosencrantz! I am your FATHER!” – Slappy Cromwell, reciting strains from his play, re-written from Hamlet by the use of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Again.
– “It was no mere nightmare, Guybrush! Search your feelings! You realize it to be true!” – LeChuck, quoting Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Again
– “I bought so much money, It’s embarassing!” – Guybrush within the smugglers’ cave
– “We don’t serve yer form here!” – Haggis MacMutton, when Guybrush enters the barbershop tarred-and-feathered (another line from Star Wars)
– “I feel like I could, TAKE ON THE WORLD!” – Wally (a line from Day of the Tentacle)
– “Ask me about Grim Fandango.” – A badge worn by the silent patron in the chicken restaurant.
Grim Fandango is one other adventure recreation by LucasArts. Additionally a reference to The key Of Monkey Island, where a personality from Loom wearing an “Ask me about Loom” badge was to be seen.
– “It’s the stuff that actually boring desires are manufactured from.” – Guybrush, looking at a stuffed raven
Very well-known altered quotation from The Maltese Falcon.
– “But- at- what- value ” – Guybrush, imitating Captain Kirk
Escape from Monkey Island
– “Life is like pillaging a buying and selling vessel certain for Jamestown… Ya never know what you are gonna get.” – Guybrush sitting on a bench on Lucre Island, in reference to Forrest Gump
– “Ahh, the middle finger, probably the most communicative of fingers.” – Guybrush, when looking on the center finger of the enormous hand within the Voodoo Lady’s shop
– “I could also be a dunce, however at the least I am a mighty pirate stone island limited edition dunce!” – Guybrush, after getting himself kicked out of the pirate re-training school on Knuttin Atoll
– “Are you certain we can’t kill him I’ve let him alive earlier than, and it’s all the time been a giant mistake.” – LeChuck, about Guybrush Threepwood
– “Well… you battle like a cow!” – Guybrush, when LeChuck exits the Governor’s Mansion
– “Get that factor away from me, you twisted freak!” – Murray, when Guybrush shows him the “Abomination of Nature”
– “SEE souvenirs of Guybrush Threepwood’s most famous escapades! Style culinary delights permitted by real pirates! HEAR beautiful pirate folk music! Feel your souls being gently ripped from your our bodies by this restaurant of uncompromising EEEEEVIL!!! MWAH-HAH-HAH-HAAA!!!” – Murray
– “Oh, the temperature’s a-rising whereas my sweat’s a-vapourising and i can not feel my legs under my knees anymore.” – Guybrush, ready for the ride in the first Church of LeChuck to start
– “Iron Maiden! Glorious! …Uh, I do not know why I mentioned that.” – Guybrush, analyzing an iron maiden. Reference to the movie “Invoice and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”.
– “Okay… Goodbye cruel journey sport!!…. .. naah neglect it” – Guybrush at his mansion while standing on the cliff and hitting enter to leap off the cliff in the beginning of the sport.
– “That is the second largest… No… No, that’s the largest conch shell I’ve ever seen!”
Tales of Monkey Island
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
– “Is that this factor sloshing 4 phrases you don’t want to hear when picking up a coffin.” – Guybrush, when choosing up a monkey coffin.
– “So we’ll die… once more… wonderful!” – Elaine, when Guybrush drops the Voodoo root beer
– “These socks need a good darning… Darn you, socks!” – Guybrush, when analyzing a pair of socks
Nipperkin: “You know, Threepwood, you’ve bought spunk. Pirate spunk.”
LeChuck: Do ya mind I am in the course of an unholy ceremony!
Guybrush: Unholy this [Stabs LeChuck]
Elaine: “Unholy this ”
Guybrush: Yeah, properly he did not give me quite a bit to work with
The Siege of Spinner Cay
The Lair of the Leviathan
– “It’s important to kill me! And I am already lifeless”
– “The testers – sitting in a dark room with a lava lamp and pondering they’re in heaven”
– “Animations I don’t want animations!