The advantages Of Buying A Second Hand Kitchen With Used Kitchen Trade
The price of gutting, buying and installing a brand new kitchen can range enormously, but I not too long ago realized that a few of us really are ready to splash out on this a part of the house. In response to the Kitchen Traits Examine 2017 carried out by Houzz UK, 9% of homeowners spent more than £75,000 on their kitchen renovation and an additional 7% spent between £50-75k.
When spending this much cash, we clearly need it to add worth to a property, so investing in high quality is smart. My feeling is that few patrons realise that they’ll most likely get the standard their looking for, at a fraction of the price, by purchasing a second hand kitchen. With this in stone island glass black jacket thoughts, I used to be more than pleased to work along with second hand kitchen firm Used Kitchen Trade on spreading the phrase.
UKE founder, Helen Lord, personally skilled the advantages of buying a second hand kitchen, when after a lot looking out, she discovered a pre-owned Clive Christian kitchen, which she realised might be reconfigured for her space. She paid just £5,000 for the kitchen when the earlier proprietor had originally purchased it for £100k (you’ll be able to learn all about how she put her personal stamp on it here).
The satisfaction of buying a top quality kitchen at an affordable value from a sustainable supply was so inspiring, it sparked the thought to arrange her company. Primarily based in Cheshire, UK, they’ve since offered over 1000 pre-owned and ex-display kitchens and received quite a few UK enterprise and environmental awards.
“The kitchen business is growing at four% per 12 months and eighty% of new kitchens within the UK are replacements. Due to the chance and complexities of selling a used kitchen, most find yourself in landfill and lots of those have a few years of life left in them. It isn’t uncommon for kitchens which might be just a few years old to be ripped out due to a house extension or a house buy and the kitchen not being to the new homeowners style.
It’s funny as a result of most people would happily purchase a used automobile, but haven’t even thought of a used kitchen. Stone Island Sometimes, a kitchen can take years to save lots of for, committing families to unnecessary debt. Property builders and landlords have always bought second hand or ex display kitchens – they’re savvy consumers, but with our publicity and exercise on social media, extra folks have gotten aware that that is such a good way to purchase a kitchen, that matches into your finances.”
Helen Lord, founding father of Used Kitchen stone island glass black jacket Alternate
So how does it work
Used Kitchen Trade is an internet market for getting and selling pre-owned and ex-display kitchens. If you’re trying to promote, UKE will survey and photograph it, free of charge. There isn’t any charge for itemizing your kitchen and they provide an optionally available elimination service, which is included within the sale value. Additionally they operate on a no sale, no price foundation.
For purchasers shopping for a kitchen, UKE supply a supply, storage and non-obligatory inside design service, working carefully with interior designer Melanie Lissack. Their hottest kitchens are wooden in body styles that are perfect for repainting, so they’ve also partnered with a specialist painter who can advise prospects in the event that they choose to repaint their kitchen.
Here are only a few examples of among the kitchens that come up on the market:
This ex-display walnut Metro Deco Clive Christian kitchen contains Gaggenau appliances is on sale for £59k and would often price in excess of £132k.
A fashionable oak kitchen located in Shoreditch, London is being marketed at £6,000. It options handleless flush oak items consists of, granite worktops, island and Gaggenau, Miele and Euro Cave appliances.
This bespoke walnut kitchen in Norwich (including granite worktops and appliances) offered for £5,500.
This can be a two-12 months-previous trendy white excessive gloss kitchen in North Yorkshire. With appliances, it bought for £9,500
In the West Midlands, this 6-yr-outdated kitchen by Alno is at present being marketed for £3,500
In London, this Benchmarx painted in frame kitchen sold for £4,000.
Helen’s high tips for purchasing a used kitchen:
● Crucial, remember to examine a kitchen prior to buy. We survey all kitchens for our buyers in order that they can purchase with confidence. We additionally provide 14 day buyer safety.
● Choose a kitchen that’s slightly larger than you need – this implies you won’t should compromise on format and reconfiguration. Have an concept of what sort of layout you need, but don’t grasp your hat on this. Perceive what number of items you will need and choose your kitchen based mostly on this. Units are straightforward to reconfigure.
Darkish inexperienced painted kitchen with gold fittings via Devol
● If you love, for instance, the inky blue look with copper handles, but cannot afford the designer price tag, you can recreate it your self. If a kitchen goes to be repainted, this is a perfect time to alter the handles as the holes might be stuffed and made invisible – don’t neglect to promote the outdated handles on eBay too!
Industrial style kitchen island by Neptune
● You don’t need to have spare items to make an island, so for those who actually need one – make one! Equally if you have too many units, utilizing them to create an island could be very easy to do.
● Updating is not just right down to paint and handles. Choice of worktop, color of the kick boards, tiles and wall color can all dramatically change the look of a kitchen.
Tiles by Mandarin Stone
● Keep in mind that the worktops will most probably want re-templating if they’re granite or quartz, so consider the cost of this. There are some brilliants laminates available on the market now. This generally is a price effective answer if you don’t just like the worktops that include the kitchen and they are often sourced second hand.
Tiled concrete kitchen island. Picture by Shadowplay UK through Rock my Fashion
● If there isn’t sufficient worktop to your chosen layout, mix up the worktops! Totally different textures and finishes in kitchens are very on trend and mixing stone worktops with wooden can look very efficient.